It is always a joy to open a present wrapped with beautiful ribbon and the excitement of unravelling the bow is unparalleled. Here are three of the classic and simple methods on how to wrap a ribbon around a box, perfect for gift wrapping: the Tiffany Bow, Diagonal Bow and Horizontal Bow.
The Tiffany Bow is one of the most timeless and elegant bows used for gift packaging. Commonly associated with the white bows tied around the light blue Tiffany & Co boxes, the Tiffany Bow is versatile and one of the best choices to complete a gift. It is recommended to use a double-sided ribbon for this bow as both sides of the ribbon will be visible when wrapped around the box.
1. Place the ribbon along the middle of the box.
2. Wrap the long end of the ribbon around the box horizontally.
3. Fold the long end of the ribbon down.
4. Wrap the long end of the ribbon around the box vertically.
5. Tuck the ribbon under the center where the ribbon overlaps and pull it diagonally to the left.
6. Using the two ends of the ribbon, tie a basic bow with the shoestring method or other bow types.
If you are looking for a more unique type of bow to add a special finishing touch to your present, the diagonal bow is a great option. With the ribbon lacing over the corners of the box, it ties together the whole present and creates a complete look.
1. Place the ribbon diagonally along the top left corner of your gift box.
2. Wrap the ribbon diagonally along the opposite top corner of the back side of box.
3. Continue wrapping the ribbon diagonally along the bottom right corner of the front side of the box.
4. Wrap the ribbon diagonally along the underside of the opposite bottom corner of the box. The two ends of the ribbon should now meet back at the starting point.
5. Make a knot and tie a shoestring bow.
The Horizontal Bow is a simple bow that can be easily used on any type of present. When in a rush, this option is great as a quick last minute gift embellishment.
1. Wrap the ribbon across the box from the back side to the front side.
2. Make a knot then create a loop using the left end of the ribbon.
3. Wrap the right end of the ribbon around the left loop and tuck it under the loop.
4. Pull the bow tight and cut the ribbon ends to your desired style and length.
Try these easy methods for your next packaging or gift wrapping. To find the perfect ribbon for your needs, check out our large range, from our premium French ribbon, satin ribbon, grosgrain ribbon, velvet ribbon and cord ribbon. At Cherry Ribbon, we also offer custom ribbon for a personal or branded touch. Whether you’re looking for wholesale ribbons or ribbon by the metre, we’ve got everything you need to get wrapping and packing.
If you are unsure on how to tie the bows, check out our blog on How to make Basic Bows out of Ribbon.